1. Heat oven to 425°F. Combine thyme and pepper; reserve 1 Tbsp. for mushrooms. Press remaining seasoning mixture evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast.
2. Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 425°F oven 35-40 min. for medium rare; 45-50 min. for medium doneness.
3. Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15-20 min. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
4. Meanwhile melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and 1 Tbsp. reserved seasoning; cook and stir about 7 min. or until mushrooms are tender. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Keep warm.
5. Carve roast into slices. Serve over grits, as desired; top with mushrooms.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Along with the Doctors, Nurses, First Responders and Scientists, you know who are also heroes? Those working the checkout counters and stocking shelves at supermarkets. Our dedicated associates have been working tirelessly to serve the Litchfield and Greene communities during this crisis.
They are so much more than Employees,
They are Our Family.
Please thank them when you see them in the Store.
Rick and Bobbi-Jo Gowell
Sign up here